BirlZine! is currently actively accepting submissions!
- Art, comics, and photography: black-and-white only (preferably high-contrast pieces).
- Personal stories (really important), essays, fiction, plays, rants, or poetry.
- Birl-interest articles, including GLBTQ news, famous birls to watch out for, activism, how-to guides (how to make the perfect pompadour, how to bind, how to use the women’s bathroom without getting kicked out—-JEESH!), etc.
- Resources, Reviews, and Recommendations, including GLBTQ sites; book, movie, zine, magazine, and music recommendations (artists we can support!) and reviews; news about conferences and drag king shows, etc.
- Really any relevant material that can be reproduced in a black-and-white, photocopied format. I would also like to include bonus items like CDs if you're a musician or spoken word artist who wants to get your work out there. I can't pay you for your stuff, but I can promise that it will be distributed to the audience you're trying to reach!
Upcoming BirlZine! themes will focus on drag kings, FTMs, genderqueers, body modifications, and activism. Please send your material on these themes, as well as ideas for future themes!
BirlZine! does not run on a deadline. I take submissions until I have enough strong material to fill a zine:
The Interview Issue: Round Two
Shipping: January 31, 2006
The Drag King Culture Issue
BirlZine! is a nonprofit zine, paid for and distributed with funds out of its editor’s pocket. Contributors are paid in copy. Until production costs get out of hand, the only cost to the public is shipping and handling. For more information, please contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org` or email@example.com and visit www.rockscissorspaper.org.